Family law requires a unique sensitivity to the needs of an individual client. We have the concern for and commitment to our clients through what can be a difficult and trying time. Our lawyers have expertise in negotiation and litigation in cases that may involve establishing parenting plans, support arrangements, division of family property and divorce. Family law matters, particularly those involving substantial property, can be complicated and our colleagues in the corporate and taxation areas are valuable resources for our team.
Lawyers in this area provide a broad spectrum of services, including:
- Parenting plans
- Spousal support/child support
- Division of family property
- Spousal/common-law relationships
- Interspousal agreements and Pre-nuptial contracts
- Adoptions, including step-parent adoption